Everyone has the right to live a life free of violence. No one deserves to be harmed or controlled by another person. To determine the level of risk you are in, please use our Safety Assessment Tool. Once you have identified your level of risk, see below for some resources and determine what’s right for you!
- If your level of risk is low right now, be aware this could change quickly.
- We encourage you to learn about different warning and danger signs in a relationship.
- It's important to reflect on your relationships. If you feel that something is off, trust your intuition and seek support.
- Visit our Resources page to view a list of other resources available to you, such as the Assaulted Women's Helpline, Legal Resources, Housing Supports and Mental Health Supports.
Remember you determine what's right for you!
- If your level of risk is high right now, this could escalateabuse could get worse or become physical quickly. A relationship does not have to be physicale.g. slapping, pushing, punching, kicking, beating to be harmful or dangerous. Feeling afraid or controlled by someone is a sign of emotional abusee.g. jealous, controlling, insulting, manipulating and is not okay.
- You are not alone - we encourage you to seek support:
- Talk to one of our counsellors.
- Our counsellors can help you with creating a safety plan.
- Visit our Resources page to find information about the Assaulted Women's Helpline, Legal Resources, Housing Supports and Mental Health Supports.
- Connect with support services in your community. Check www.211ontario.ca to see what is available near you.
Remember, you deserve to live a life free of violence.
- If your level of danger is Extremely High right now, you are at risk for serious assault or homicidebeing killed or murdered.
- In the case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1!
- For next steps, we strongly suggest you create a Safety PlanTool that will provide you with some protective actions you can use to manage the risk of violence and/or an Emergency Escape PlanSteps you can take to leave a violent situation quickly, our counsellors can support you to create one.
Remember, nobody deserves to be HARMED